Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Page to Screen ~ Much Ado About Nothing



Title: Much Ado About Nothing
Author: William Shakespeare



Movie/Play: Much Ado About Nothing
Actor/Actress: David Tennant & Catherine Tate

Summary:
The action is set in Sicily, where Don Pedro, Prince of Aragon, has recently defeated his half-brother, the bastard Don John, in a military engagement. Apparently reconciled, they return to the capital, Messina, as guests of the Governor, Leonato. There Count Claudio, a young nobleman serving in Don Pedro's army, falls in love with Hero, Leonato's daughter, whom Don Pedro woos on his behalf. The play's central plot shows how Don John maliciously deceives Claudio into believing that Hero has taken a lover on the eve of her marriage, causing Claudio to repudiate her publicly, at the altar. 

Thoughts: The play is great don't get me wrong and let me just say that it is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE play from Shakespeare and I have seen probably every rendition known to mankind and the movie up top is probably my favorite of all of them. The chemistry between both David and Catherine is exactly what I envision between Beatrice and Benedict. They are the perfect sarcastic duo that make the match just believable. I have to say that with this version I actually fast forward through most of the story to get to the bits with these two. And ignore the other parts. 
And believe it or not it does stay true to the play original words and all. Once I had watch it through a few or 10 times I also read through while watching.












I recommend both for certain!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄