Sunday, June 26, 2016

Review ~ The Never List by Koethi Zan

Title: The Never List 
Author: Koethi Zan
Copyright: 2014
Type:  thriller
Pages: 384
Series: no

Reason for Reading
A friend recommended it to me and I thought I would give it a try

Summary:
NEVER GO OUT ALONE AFTER DARK

For years, Sarah and Jennifer kept the Never List: a list of things to be avoided at all costs.

NEVER GET IN THE CAR

But one night, they broke their own rules – with horrifying consequences.

NEVER TAKE RISKS

Sarah has spent ten years trying to forget her terrifying ordeal. But it seems the killer has not forgotten her…

NEVER TRUST ANYONE

The Problems: I thought that they actually kept it very clean which I know is weird coming from me because I actually think most authors use rape and other forms or torture for plot uses. That being said this book was actually about just that and yet it was like the author didn't want to actually talk about the torture or rapes. In fact the author did everything humanly possible to not talk about the "rapes" that happen and did only talk about it with a human trafficking aspect later with a twist that sort of fit but felt like it didn't because it wasn't part of the story line that was going on. It felt like it should have been another story that the author just kind of tied into this story to make it sort of fit to make a shocking "AH HA" moment that really felt like a scratch my head moment instead. 

The Wins: It had a couple of twists and turns I wasn't expecting. I liked watching the main character grow and try to deal with everything that happened. She actually had issues that she had to deal with and she dealt with them in a realistic way not in a hurry up make it work for the plot kind of way. I also liked the end and even though I thought the ending had some rough moments and needed to be cleaned up a little bit I liked how the author ended it in a not completely healed way but still going to keep fighting in her own way and stronger for it. It was nice. 

Goodreads Grade: 3 out of 5 stars

Would you recommend this book to others? If the reader enjoys thriller type of books that aren't too detailed then this is the book for them. I never really felt on the edge of my seat and I wasn't overwhelmed with descriptions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄