Monday, February 13, 2017

Review of a Re-read ~ Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs

TITLE: Cry Wolf
AUTHOR: Patricia Briggs
COPYRIGHT: 2008
TYPE: paranormal romance
PAGES: 294
SERIES:
First full novel but a short story before
1. Cry Wolf (original Review)
2. Hunting Ground
3.Fair Game
4. Dead Heat
5. Burn Bright 3/18

REASON FOR READ:
It has been sitting on my floor since the move and I wanted to make sure that I still loved the series enough to keep it. Plus I have 2 more to read in the series.

SUMMARY (from Goodreads):
Anna never knew werewolves existed until the night she survived a violent attack…and became one herself. After three years at the bottom of the pack, she’d learned to keep her head down and never, ever trust dominant males. But Anna is that rarest kind of werewolf: an Omega. And one of the most powerful werewolves in the country will recognize her value as a pack member—and as his mate.

THOUGHTS/OPINION:
So I can't remember reading this book to a point so color me confused when I jumped in and was like what? This book literally expects you to have read the short story that went before and for the love of me with all the moving I've done I have no idea where the short story is or what's happened to it. That being said I got the gist of what story was and it was a lot of torture/rape and beatings to Anna so I'm glad I didn't have to read it. This book is the after effects of that book when Charles has come to rescue her and the pack from the crazy alpha who let that happen.  Throw in some other side plot with a witch that didn't need to happen and you have the book. It's Anna trying to cope with PTSD while learning how to mate with an alpha and them trying to come to terms with it all. Their cute together, sweet and enduring you want to seem them together as they are trying to move slow and make it happen. They want to be together for different reasons and I get why this offends some people and not others. However, I enjoyed the book other then the side plot. That being said I'm good I don't need to re-read it a 3rd time. Anna and Charles are great but I will let another person at the goodwill enjoy them just as much as I did.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? passing

Would you recommend this book? I think this series is wonderfully sweet and yet brutal so yes I recommend as long as it won't trigger you.

Grade: 4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄